Gifts-In-A-Jar by Stacy
1-Pint jars she made:
- Mexican Fiesta Dip Mix
- Mexican Hot Cocoa Mix (see recipe below)
She bought flameless candles** - just as great-smelling as regular candles but zero mess, zero stress. She decorated them by hot-gluing a thicker ribbon and then a thinner ribbon around the candles, finishing with a bow.
Pet Portraits by Jess
The portraits were created using watercolor paint. You can see them by clicking here.
UPDATE: Jess finally made her gifts-in-a-jar too! It took 3 hours (surprisingly long).
*Mexican Hot Cocoa Recipe for Pint-Size Jars
- Ingredients to make 3 jars:
- 5 cups powdered milk
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3 tsp powdered vanilla non-dairy creamer
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- To fill gift jars:
- Mix all ingredients and divide equally among three pint-sized jars
- Use tulle or other fabric on lid of jar and tie on a decorative bow
- To make hot cocoa:
- Combine 2 1/2 tbsp mix per 1 cup boiling water and stir
- Each pint-size jar makes about 6 servings of hot cocoa
For more gift-in-a-jar ideas, see this example and this other example and this further example and yet another example.
**Note: "Flameless candles" are also called "electric candles" or "battery-operated candles." They have an LED light instead of a flame.