- Bookbinding glue (can use any white glue)
- Foam brushes (to spread glue)
- Cardstock paper (for book pages and covers)
- Scrapbook paper (for covers)
- Paper-cutter and cutting mat (scissors work but are much slower)
- Xacto knife (a box-cutter will work)
- Book (to use as a base for drilling holes)
- Electric drill
- Ribbon (to bind book pages together)
- Yarn needle
- Stickers (optional)
- Cut letter-size paper or cardstock in half horizontally with the paper cutter to make your pages
- To make your front cover, take a piece of letter-size cardstock and cut it in half. Then apply glue to it and wrap your decorative scrapbook paper around it. Secure your folded scrapbook paper with glue. Cover the inside of your cover with another sheet of cardstock and glue down for a finished look. Do the same for your back cover.
- To attach all the pages together, drill three holes through the entire stack. Put a phonebook or other disposable book underneath to avoid drilling through your table.
- Use the ribbon to tie everything together and finish with a bow.
- Place the entire book under something heavy until it is completely dry, then crease the front cover so you can open your book easily.
Photos: Jessica's (top), Jen's (middle), Stacy's (bottom)